|Program for Research in Computing and Information Sciences and Engineering|
PRECISE Project Publications - April 1, 2001 to March 2002
1. E. Acuña, and A. Rojas, "Bagging classifiers based on kernel density estimators". Proceedings of the International Conference on New Trends in Computational Statistics with Biomedical Applications, August 2001, pp 343-350 (an extended version of this paper will appear on the Journal of The Japanese Society of Computational Statistics by the end of this year).
2. E. Acuña, and A. Rojas, "Combining classifiers based on kernel density estimators". Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute, August 2001, Tome LIX, Book2 pp 17-19.
3. D. Bollman, J. Seguel, J. Feo - "A functional Approach to Radix-r FFTs". Progress in Computer Research, Vol. I, Ed. F. Columbus, Nova Science Publishers, 2001, pp 77-103.
4. D. Bollman, and E. Orozco, "A Faster Algorithm for the n-Queens Problem", To appear in Congressus Numerantium 2001.
5. W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, "An efficient parallel algorithm for solving unsteady Euler equations," Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics: Recent Development and Advances, Elsevier Science. Accepted May 18, 2001.
6. W. Rivera, "Stability analysis of numerical boundary conditions in domain decomposition algorithms," Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Accepted December 2001.
7. W. Rivera, "Numerical interface conditions for non-overlapping domain decomposition algorithms," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Submitted December 2001.
8. J. Seguel, D. Bollman, E. Orozco - New Prime Edge-Length Crystallographic FFT. To appear in Lecture Notes of Computer Sciences, ELSEVIER.
9. J. Seguel - A Unified Treatment of Symmetric FFT Code Generation. Conditionally accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
10. L. Steinberg, and A. Hurd, "The Physics of evaporation-induced assembly of sol-gel materials", The Journal of Granular Matter 3, pp 19-21, Springer-Verlag 2001.
11. L. Steinberg, "Mesoscopic Resonance of Self-Excited Defect", Proceedings of Dynamic Systems& Applications, Volume 3, 2001.
12. S. L. Cruz Pol, N. Colón and S. Sekelsky, " Multidimensional Cloud Images Retrieval From Dual- Frequency Millimeter-Wave Radar ", IGARSS 2001 Sydney, Australia, July 2001.
13. M. Jiménez, M. Shanblatt, "Integrating a Low-Power Objective into the Placement of Macro Block-based Layouts," Proceedings of the IEEE. Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 62-65, Ohio, Aug. 2001.
14. M. Jiménez, D. Rodriguez, N. Santiago, "Scalable Floating Point FPGA Cores for Digital Signal Processing," Proceedings of the Annual Automatics, Instrumentation and Industrial Electronics Conference (SAAEI 2001) , CUBA, September 2001.
15. M. Jiménez, M. Shanblatt, "A Low-power Approach to the Placement of Macro Block-based VLSI Layouts," Proceedings of the Annual Automatics, Instrumentation and Industrial Electronics Conference (SAAEI 2001) , CUBA, September 2001
16. J. L. Ortiz, 2001 "Fuzzy Syntactic Parser for Command Language Recognition Under Adverse Conditions", I/ITSEC (Interservide /Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference) Orlando, FL. Nov 2001.
17. W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, "Parallel performance investigation of a domain decomposition algorithm", Proceedings of the Tenth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing. Portsmouth, Virginia, 2001. (SIAM ISBN 0-89871-492-3)
18. W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, "An Efficient Parallel Algorithm for Solving Unsteady Nonlinear Equations", Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops, Valencia, Spain, 2001, IEEE Computer Society, pp 79-84.
19. W. Rivera, "Adaptivity Support For Computational Grid-Aware Clusters," 6th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2002) to be held in Orlando, in July 14-18, 2002.
20. D. Rodriguez, "A Computational Kronecker-core Array Algebra SAR Raw DataGeneration Modeling System," IEEE 35th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Nov. 2001, Monterrey, California.
21. D. Rodriguez, "Signal Algebra Operators for SAR PSF Hardware Computations," 2002 AIRSAR Earth Science and Applications Workshop, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California, March 2002.
22. B. Vélez, J. E. Valiente, "Interactive Query Hierarchy Generation Algorithms for Search Result Visualization," Proceedings of Internet and Multimedia Systems Applications (IMSA 2001)
23. B. Vélez, J. A. Torres, "Anticipatory User Interfaces for Search Result Visualization using Query Lookahead," Proceedings of Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2001) Best Paper Award
R. Vásquez PI, H. Parsiani CoPI "NOAA Cooperative Center for Remote Sensing Science and Technology - CREST" Subcontractor to CUNY (1,200,000.00, extending three years)