|Program for Research in Computing and Information Sciences and Engineering|
PRECISE Project Publications - April 1, 2002 to present
1. Acuña, E., Rojas, A., and Coaquira, F. (2002). The Effect of Feature Selection on Combining Classifiers Based on Kernel Density Estimates. In K. Jajuga, A. Sokodowski, H.-H Bock (Eds). Classification, Clustering and Data Analysis. Springer, Heidelberg, 161-168.
2. N. G. Santiago, D. T. Rover, D. Rodríguez, "A Statistical Approach for the Analysis of the Relation Between Low-Level Performance Information, the Code, and the Environment," Proceedings of the SIAM Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing Practice. Accepted for publication.
3. J. Seguel, D. Rodríguez; "The Doctoral Program in Computing and Information Sciences and Engineering of the University of Puerto Rico," accepted for publication in Future Generation Computer Systems Special, issue on Computer Education, Elsevier Science B. V., Netherlands, 2003.
4. Daniel McGee, Daniel Lackland, et al, Trends in Blood Pressure Treatment: Some observations based on the Framingham study, Cardiovascular Reports and Reviews. (In Press).
5. J. Seguel and D. Burbano. "A Parallel Prime Edge-length Crystallographic FFT", ELSEVIER Lecture Notes of Computer Science, LNCS 2659, PP. 602-611, 2003.
6. J. Seguel, "Design and Implementation of Prime Edge-length Symmetric FFTs", ELSEVIER Lecture Notes of Computer Science, LNCS 2667m, pp. 1025-1034, 2003.
7. J. Seguel, "Symmetric FFTs for Multidimensional Data Arrays of Prime Edge-length" conditionally accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
8. V. Manian and R. Vasquez, "Approaches to Color and Texture Based Image Classification", Journal of Optical Engineering, SPIE, July 2002.
9. Acuña, E., (2002) Combining Classifiers based on Kernel density classifiers and Gaussian mixtures. Proceedings of the Interface 2002 Computing Science and Statistics. Vol 33.
10. Acuña, E. (2003).Feature selection for supervised classification. To appear in proceedings of the international conference in applied statistics and related fields. Hawaii, May 2003.
11. Lozano, E. and Acuña, E. (2002) Combining classifiers based on Gaussian Mixtures. To appear in Proceedings of the Conference in Computers, Communications and Control 2003. July 2003.
12. Acuña, E., (2003) A comparison of filters and wrappers for feature selection supervised classification. Proceedings of the Interface 2003 Computing Science and Statistics. Vol 34.
13. Solá, Juan and I. Couvertier, A Parallel TCP/IP Offloading Framework for TOE Offloading Devices, 2003 Applied Telecommunications Symposium, March 30 - April 3, 2003, Orlando Florida
14. Solá, Juan and I. Couvertier, A Parallel TCP/IP Offloading Framework for a TCP/IP Offloading Implementation, to appear in the IP Based SoC Design Workshop'02, October 30-31, 2002, Grenoble, France
15. Jairo E. Valiente and Bienvenido Vélez, "Inforadar-cl: A Cross-Lingual Information Discovery Tool Exploiting Automatic Document Categorization". In Proceedings of IASTED International Conference on Information and Knowledge Sharing (IKS 2002). St. Thomas, V.I. November 2002.
16. J. Torres-Berrocal, B. Vélez-Rivera. "Elastically Replicated Information Services: Sustaining the Availability OF Distributed Storage Across Dynamic Topological Changes", Sixth Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Information Systems (SAIS), Savannah Georgia March 2003.
17. M. Aguirre, C. Heredia, H. Torres, R. Palomera, and M. Jiménez, "Design of a CMOS 1.8V Low-voltage Differential Signaling Receiver" In Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS 2002), IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, Tulsa, OK, Aug. 2002.
18. M. Jiménez, R. Palomera, and M. Toledo, "Undergraduate Research and Co-op Education: A Winning Combination", Frontiers In Education, FIE-2002, Boston, MA, Nov. 2002.
19. J. Navarro, J. Borges, and M. Jiménez, "Electronic Academic Counseling System", Frontiers In Education, FIE-2002, Boston, MA, Nov. 2002.
20. F. Fernandez and M. Jiménez, "Behavioral Modeling of Dynamic Capacitive Loads on Sigma-Delta Modulators", Proceedings of the Seminario Anual de Automática Electrónica Industrial e Instrumentación (SAAEI 2002), Alcalá de Henares, Spain, Sept. 2002.
21. J. Yeckle and W. Rivera, "Mapping and characterization of applications in heterogeneous distributed systems," To appear in Proc. 7th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2003).
22. F. Perez and W.Rivera, "An object-oriented framework for computational fluid dynamic simulations," To appear in Proc. International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Technology and Applications, (PDPTA2003).
23. W. Rivera, "CompuGe: A computational geometry learning environment." To appear in Proc. IASTED International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education (CATE2003).
24. Manuel Rodriguez-Martinez, Nick Roussopoulos, "Wide-Area Query Execution in MOCHA", 2002 IASTED Conference on Information and Knowledge Sharing (IKS 2002).
25. Enna Z. Coronado, Manuel Rodriguez-Martinez, "SRE: Search and Retrieval Engine of TerraScope Earth Science Information System", 2003 IASTED Conference on Computer Science and Technology (CST 2003).
26. Alcides Alvear, Manuel Rodriguez-Martinez, Pedro I. Rivera-Vega, Angel Villalain, Angel Ferra, "Development of a Database Middleware System to Support Remote Sensing Analysis over Distributed Data Sources", 2003 IASTED Conference on Computer Science and Technology (CST 2003).
27. Quinchanegua, D. Rodríguez, "DFT Multi-Beamforming Using Kronecker Computational Structures," IEEE Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA03, Rome, Itally, Sept. 2003.
28. Huallparimachi, D. Rodríguez, "Java-based Tool for Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Analysis," IEEE Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA03, Rome, Itally, Sept. 2003.
29. Rodríguez, E. O'Neill, F. Hernández, M. Vargas, "Signal Processing Methods for Automated Power Line Signal Analysis," Caribbean Colloquium on Power Quality, CCPQ 2003, Dorado, Puerto Rico, June 2003.
30. Quinchanegua, D. Rodríguez, "A Kronecker DFT Multi-Beamforming Implementatoin Approach," 3rd IASTED International Conference on Circuits, Signals, and Systems, CSS 2003, Cancún, Mexico, May 2003.
31. Huallparimachi, D. Rodríguez, M. Rodríguez-Martínez, "Design and Development of a Java-based Distributed System Tool for Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Analysis," IASTED International Conference on Computer Science and Technology, CST 2003, Cancún, Mexico, May 2003.
32. Rodriguez, D. Rueda, H. Nava, A. Quinchanegua, "High Performance SAR Raw Data Generation Algorithms for Remote-sensed Imaging Applications," IEEE IGARSS 2002, Toronto, Canada, July 2002.
33. Rodriguez, A. Quinchanegua H. Nava, "Signal Operator Cores for SAR Real Time Processing Hardware," IEEE IGARSS 2002, Toronto, Canada, July 2002.
34. N. J. Rodriguez, Murillo, V., Borges, J.A., Sands, D.Z., and Ortiz, J., "A Study of Physicians' Interaction with Text-Based and Graphical-Based Electronic Patient Record Systems", Proceedings of the 15th. IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, June 2002.
35. Rodriguez, N.J., Borges, J.A., Murillo, V., Sands, D.Z., and Ortiz, J., "A Usability Study of Physicians Interaction with a Paper-Based Patient Record System and a Graphical-Based Electronic Patient Record System", Proc. AMIA Symposium 2002, November 2002.
36. Arroyo J., Borges. J., Rodríguez N., Moulier E., Rivas M., Cuaresma A., Yeckle J., "An Event/Rule Framework (ERF) for specifying the Behavior of Distributed Systems", 3rd International Workshop on Software Engineering and Middleware, 2002, pp 59 - 71.
37. V. Manian and R. Vásquez, "Texture Based Cloud Detection in MODIS images", SPIE Vol. 4882, Sept. 22-27, 2002.
38. V. Manian and R. Vasquez, "A Genetic Algorithm for Texture Description and Classification", Proceedings of AeroSense'02, April 2002.
39. J. L. Ortiz, M. Valle, "DCG Syntactic Parser for Command Language Recognition under Special Conditions." Software Engineering and Applications (SEA 2002) Conference. Boston, MA, Nov 2002.
40. J. L. Ortiz, C. Ocasio, "Analog Hardware Model for Morphological Neural Networks", IASTED International Conference in Neural Networks and Computational Intelligence (NCI 2003). Cancun, Mexico. May 2003.
41. L. Tolstoy, H. Parsiani, J. Ortiz, "Application of Fourier Descriptors and Neural Networks to Classification of Underground Images", SPIE Conference, Greece, September 2002.
W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, "An efficient parallel algorithm for solving unsteady Euler equations," Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics: Practice and Theory, P. Wilders, A. Ecer, J. Periaux, N. Satofuka, and P. Fox, eds., Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2002, pp. 293 - 300.
Acuña, E, "Análisis Estadístico de Datos usando MINITAB para Windows", Segunda Edición. John Wiley and Sons, New York (2202).